Posted on 15 March 2013.
The New York Public Library’s Mid-Manhattan Library is looking for an Assistant Manager of Information and Circulation Services. This is a library operations position during the evening and weekend hours
|Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Information and Circulation Services, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the following:
- Oversee building wide operations during evening and if necessary weekend shifts
- Makes rounds of the facility and report on library usage and facility conditions
- Conducts continuous review of customer satisfaction and recommends strategies for improvement
- Performs and supervises public service activities including information assistance, library instruction, programming, circulation services, and additional activities.
- Compiles metrics, prepares reports and makes presentations as needed.
- Helps oversee the monitoring of fines and other monetary collections.
- Plans and oversees active collection marketing efforts and replenishing of materials displays.
- Identifies display and other promotional needs and assists in preparing appropriate materials.
- Performs other duties as required.
35 hours per week
Monday through Thursday 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays as required
Schedule subject to change
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organization skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
- Team Player
- Bachelor’s degree AND three years of supervisory experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in public service.
- Experience in providing front-line customer service and managing aspects of library operations is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with patrons and co-workers.
- Demonstrated training experience.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to handle shifting priorities and multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of library operations, including automated library processes, electronic and digital resources, circulation procedures and library collection management.
- Working knowledge of computer and other related technology skills, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and social media outlets.
- Awareness of library marketing and promotional strategies.
- Understanding of current library best practices and trends, and ability to make recommendations for future needs.
| To Apply: https://jobs-nypl.icims.com/jobs/7272/job